Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pitching Matchups to Watch: Mother's Day

It's been a week of this series!

A quick follow-up on my Jonathan Gray breakdown: Gray went 7 scoreless innings, striking out five in a no-decision against the Giants in San Francisco.

And a note on future content: It's been a really busy weekend for me, so I haven't been able to do as much research yet for my upcoming Joe Ross breakdown. I may have to push it back a day or two.

Because of the aforementioned busy weekend, my comment's on today's matchups will be short and sweet:

1. Gerrit Cole vs Michael Wacha

Two young studs and a division rivalry game? Count me in.

2. Tanner Roark vs Jake Arrieta

Roark has been pitching well, and Arrieta is Arrieta. Two very good teams as well.

3. Tyler Duffey vs Jose Quintana

Neither are big names, but their combined ERA is 1.47.

No comments:

Post a Comment